As part of Leeway Productions
Porth Y Cwtsh project, there will be a Town Crier doing walkabouts in Glynfach on Saturday 26th June and Saturday 3rd July.
Inspired by a discovery that found the last town crier in the Rhondda was William John Moore in 1911, the group wanted to find a way to engage with people in Glynfach about how they feel about Porth, what they’d like to celebrate and what their hopes are for the future of Porth.
The Town Crier is going to be Sam Bees who is a Pontypridd resident, actor, musician and community artist, and you can find the Porth Town Crier on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook (@PorthTownCrier)
so you can send in their requests or suggestions for shoutouts. You can also email him too firstname.lastname@example.org
They would love to hear:
– Facts and bits of history or legend from Porth
– What you love about Porth
– Favourite places in Porth
– Best people or businesses in Porth
– Events that are happening, clubs or groups that are starting back up or have been running all the way through.
– Hopes for the future of Porth
– Birthdays, Engagements, Anniversaries or even declarations of love!
People are invited to come out and see the Town Crier as he does his walkabouts. He’ll be starting at St John’s Church and heading round the streets of Glynfach from 3-5 on June 26th and July 3rd.