Mayor’s Good Citizen Awards 2021
Written by Gavin on 29th March 2021
Nine ‘Good Citizens’ or groups in Rhondda Cynon Taf are to receive special recognition for their roles in their respective communities and the impact they have had on so many lives, especially during the last 12 months of the global pandemic.
But the Council needs your nominations for the 2021 Rhondda Cynon Taf Mayor’s Good Citizen Awards.
Mayor of Rhondda Cynon Taf, Councillor Susan Morgans, said: “All of us have been affected by the impact of COVID-19 this past 12 months and over 5,000 people in Wales have sadly lost their lives.
“These have been unprecedented times and we would now like to show our public appreciation of those who have gone above and beyond as we recognise and honour individuals and groups whose efforts and gestures, no matter how big or small, have really made a difference in their communities.
“We have so many wonderful people in this County Borough doing so much good for their communities and I would like to thank them all. I look forward to receiving many nominations.”
The 2021 Rhondda Cynon Taf Mayor’s Good Citizen Awards categories are:
- Good Citizen of the Year Award – Recognition of the work/contributions made by people within the County Borough where the person has gone over and above for the benefits of the resident(s) of the community. There are three age categories Junior Citizen Award (age 11 and under); Young Citizen Award (age 12-18); Adult Citizen Award (age 18 and over).
- Outstanding Community Project Award – Recognition of a community project that has been delivered, which has benefitted residents of the local community or the County Borough as a whole.
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Recognition of the exceptional work an individual or group has undertaken for a significant period of time for the benefit of others.
- Services to Charity Award – Recognition of the selfless work undertaken on behalf of charitable organisations.
- Creativity in the Community Award – Recognition of any creative project which has people at its heart, from community arts, writing, reading and music, to creative use of technology or social media.
- Entrepreneur Award – Recognition of the contributions to enterprise/employment within the County Borough.
- Climate Change Champion – Recognition of actions to protect the environment around us and champion sustainable change in their communities.
Nominations will open for any of the above categories in the 2021 Rhondda Cynon Taf Mayor’s Good Citizen Awards, from Monday, March 29 (midday). A dedicated page on the Council’s website, containing a short form to submit your nomination, will be promoted on our social media accounts from Monday.
Help us to make this a very special year as we recognise all of those who have worked so hard for the benefit of their local communities and the wider County Borough. All applications will be considered by Rhondda Cynon Taf Mayor, Councillor Susan Morgans, and a selection panel.
Please be aware, nominations must be submitted before the closing date of Monday, April 12 (midday).
The Rhondda Cynon Taf Mayor’s Good Citizen Awards will take place virtually at a future date, in what will be a celebration of the achievements of all those nominated and to announce the winners in each category.