Volunteer Sales Executive
Written by Colin Dixon on 6th December 2020
GTFM is a community radio station covering Rhondda Cynon Taff, broadcasting 24 hours a day, on radio, online and across smart speakers. The radio station has established itself as a credible local radio station with visible success being achieved for advertising clients already. With expansion of the broadcasting area to include the Cynon Valley due to complete early 2021, it is an exciting time to be part of the GTFM team.
We are looking for (Commission only) Sales Executives to join us and help continue the success of helping local businesses grow in the RCT area.
As a Sales Executive you’ll be responsible for generating income for GTFM from advertising sales and sponsorship. The role is on a commission only basis, with the main aim being to achieve agreed minimum monthly revenues.
You will work closely with the Station Manager and Deputy Station Manager, along with the volunteers involved in many on air aspects of the radio station. They will ensure that station output supports revenue generation and that clients receive a consistently high quality of service.
The main duties of the role include:
- Sourcing, identifying and securing new business opportunities
- Establishing and developing long-term business relationships
- Generating creative solutions and presenting to clients
- Working with clients and the creative team to produce adverts
- Reporting to the Station Manager, delivering accurate monthly reports and revenue forecasts
GTFM is looking for a candidate that has:
- Excellent organisational, sales & business skills – and the drive to sell
- The confidence and determination to pursue leads, overcome obstacles and secure deals
- Excellent communication & team skills with the ability to be friendly and diplomatic
- Creative thinking and can generate original ideas, with an eye for detail
- Self-sufficiency, the ability to plan and manage workloads and can work effectively under pressure, react quickly, and meet tight deadlines
- Strong IT skills, including word processing, and data handling
The roles requires knowledge of, or the ability to quickly acquire:
- Familiarity of the radio station, our programmes and audience
- An understanding of the role, and Ofcom, the industry regulator
- Knowledge of the advertising law, ethics and industry regulations around radio sales
- Understanding the relevant copyright and music clearances required
- Understanding of the requirements of the relevant health and safety legislation and procedures
Hours of Work: Hours are flexible as it will be on a volunteer basis, however you must be flexible around the client and role needs.
Salary: The role is based on commission only
How to apply:
If you meet most or all of the above criteria, simply complete the form below and upload your CV and one of the team will be in touch.