With a sell-out crowd at Principality Stadium for Wales vs England in the 6 Nations this Friday (10th March – Kick off 8pm), there will be a full City Centre road closure in place before and after the game.
Given the number of people that will be coming to the stadium to watch the match, everyone is being advised to get into Cardiff and into the Principality Stadium as early as possible and if you bring a bag, expect to be searched.
South Wales Police has recently announced that there will be an increase in policing around the Principality Stadium and transport hubs during the 6 Nations – which isn’t in response to any specific security threat but the current global climate.
All the times for the road closures given below are estimates and live updates will be given via Twitter – @cardiffcouncil before and after the match.
Full City Centre road closure from 6.00pm until Midnight
- Kingsway from its junction with North Road to its junction with Duke Street.
- Cowbridge Road East from its junction with Cathedral Road to its junction with Westgate Street.
- Tudor Street from its junction with Clare Road to its junction with Wood Street (access for residents & traders will be permitted via Fitzhammon Embankment.)
- Plantagenet Street and Beauchamp Street from their junctions with Despenser Place to their junctions with Tudor Street (access for residents & traders will be permitted.)
- Saunders Road from the junction with St Mary Street
- Customhouse Street throughout its length
- Penarth Road from the junction with Saunders Road to the entrance leading to the back of the Cardiff Central Train station.
- The following roads will be closed in their entirety: – Duke Street, Castle St, High Street, St Mary Street, Caroline Street, Wood Street, Central Square, Westgate Street, Quay Street, Guildhall Place, Golate, Park Street, Havelock Street and Scott Road.
- Sophia Gardens is available for event day parking and spaces will be allocated on a first come first serve basis. Access to the Civic centre will be controlled, with access allowed only for match-day parking, loading and access to private car parks. The roads affected include, King Edward V11 Avenue, Museum Avenue, City Hall Road, College Road and Gorsedd Gardens Road.
As with all large events in Cardiff, all customers are advised to plan ahead
This is the post match queuing system at Cardiff Central.
Event Park & Ride – Cardiff City Stadium
The Event Park & Ride for Wales vs England is at Cardiff City Stadium.
You can access the park & ride facility by exiting the M4 from Junction 33.
Buses will be diverted out of the central city centre bus stops. Bus displaced from stops within the closure will relocate to either Churchill Way for the East. Greyfriars Road for the North or Tudor Street for the West. Please visit the various bus operators for changes to their services:
For Cardiff Bus services, please visit – www.cardiffbus.co.uk
For New Adventure Travel Services, please visit – https://www.natgroup.co.uk/
For Stagecoach Services, please visit – www.stagecoachbus.com