Wales manager to miss three games after assault arrest
Written by Gavin on 3rd November 2020
Ryan Giggs will not be in charge of the Wales football team for the next three games after his arrest on suspicion of assault.
The Football Association of Wales (FAW) said it had been “mutually agreed” with Giggs that he would “not be involved in the upcoming international camp”.
Wales had been due to announce their squad for the games on Tuesday morning.
The FAW said that would now happen on Thursday, adding that its “immediate priority is preparing the team for the upcoming international matches”.
Giggs’ representatives say he denies the allegations against him, which relate to an incident on 1 November.
“He is cooperating with the police and will continue to assist them with their ongoing investigations,” they said.
In an earlier statement, Greater Manchester Police had said: “Police were called at 10.05pm on Sunday 1 November 2020 to reports of a disturbance at an address in Worsley.
“A woman in her 30s sustained minor injuries but did not require any treatment.
“A 46-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of section 47 assault and section 39 common assault. He has since been bailed pending further enquiries.”