Heading into Cardiff on Saturday 19th March?
Written by GTFM Newsdesk on 15th March 2016
A full road closure will be in place in Cardiff City Centre from 12.30pm until 5.30pm on Saturday March 19 for Wales Vs. Italy at the Principality Stadium. (KO 2.30pm)
With 74 000 spectators expected to travel in to Cardiff for the match, everyone is being advised that enhanced security measures will be in operation to enter the stadium. If you bring a bag, expect to be searched and be advised that this may delay you from getting into the stadium on time.
Given the additional security arrangements, the Authorities are advising spectators to leave plenty of time for your journey to get into the city centre and the stadium.
Arriva Trains Wales are advising customers that there will be a different queuing system in place for this match and all customers are being advised to head towards the station at a reasonable time, as the later trains are less frequent and are usually very busy.
Full road closure from 12.30pm until 5.30pm
- Kingsway from its junction with North Road to its junction with Duke Street.
- Cowbridge Road East from its junction with Cathedral Road to its junction with Westgate Street.
- Tudor Street from its junction with Clare Road to its junction with Wood Street (access for residents & traders will be permitted via Fitzhammon Embankment)
- Plantagenet Street and Beauchamp Street from their junctions with Despenser Place to their junctions with Tudor Street (access for residents & traders will be permitted)
- Saunders Road from its junction with St Mary Street
- Customhouse Street throughout its length (access to private car parks will be permitted)
- Penarth Road from its junction with Saunders Road to the entrance leading into the rear of the Central Train Station.
- The following roads will be closed in their entirety: – Duke Street, Castle St, High Street, St Mary Street, Caroline Street, Wood Street, Central Square, Westgate Street, Quay Street, Guildhall Place, Golate, Park Street, Havelock Street and Scott Road.
Park and Ride
Access from Junction 29 off the M4
Drop off Point is Churchill Way
Cost: £10 per car payable on the day at the car park
Distance from city centre is four miles
Cardiff City Stadium (Leckwith) P&R
Access from Junction 33 of the M4, then follow signage to site
Drop Off Point is Tresillian Way North (at the rear of Cardiff Central Train Station)
Cost: £8 Pre Book Online or £10 payable on the day at the car park (cash only)
Distance from City Centre is 1.8miles.
The car parks will have a staff presence from 9am, will open at 9 30am
The last bus will leave the pick-up point at 9pm, with the car park closing at 9 30pm.