Wales vs. Scotland Travel Advice
A full road closure will be in place in Cardiff City Centre from 2:50pm until 8pm for Wales Vs Scotland at the Principality Stadium (KO Saturday 13th February – 4.50pm)
Additional roads will also close at 5pm and if safety allows, the restrictions are planned to be lifted at 8pm. The road closures may be extended, subject to the number of revellers in the city centre and crowd safety after the match.
With 74 000 spectators expected to travel in to Cardiff on Saturday, everyone is being advised that enhanced security measures will be in operation to enter the stadium. If you bring a bag, expect to be searched and be advised that this may delay you from getting into the stadium on time.
Given the additional security arrangements, the Authorities are advising spectators to leave plenty of time for your journey to get into the city centre and the stadium.
The queuing system at Cardiff Central Train station will also vary with each 6 Nations fixture held in Cardiff, to accommodate ongoing building developments, so we strongly advise those using the trains to identify their queuing lane for their return journey before the match begins.
Full road closure from 2 50pm until 8pm
• Kingsway from its junction with North Road to its junction with Duke Street.
• Cowbridge Road East from its junction with Cathedral Road to its junction with Westgate Street.
• Tudor Street from its junction with Clare Road to its junction with Wood Street (access for residents & traders will be permitted via Fitzhammon Embankment)
• Plantagenet Street and Beauchamp Street from their junctions with Despenser Place to their junctions with Tudor Street (access for residents & traders will be permitted)
Road closures from 5pm until 8pm
• Saunders Road from its junction with St Mary Street
• Customhouse Street throughout its length (access to private car parks will be permitted)
• Penarth Road from its junction with Saunders Road to the entrance leading into the rear of the Central Train Station.
• The following roads will be closed in their entirety: – Duke Street, Castle St, High Street, St Mary Street, Caroline Street, Wood Street, Central Square, Westgate Street, Quay Street, Guildhall Place, Golate, Park Street, Havelock Street and Scott Road.
Park and Ride – Pentwyn and Cardiff City Stadium
*Involves a charge*
All Park & Ride customers are advised to follow the signage to the available site at the time of their arrival.
The car parks will have a staff presence from 9am, will open at 9 30am, with the first bus leaving at 9 30pm.
The last bus will leave the pick-up point at 9pm, with the car park closing at 9 30pm.
There will be a queuing system at Cardiff Central Train Station for this event, please click here for more information.
We strongly advise you identify your queuing lane for your return journey before you attend the event. Queen Street Station will close shortly before the end of the event, all trains will depart from Cardiff Central Train Station.
will be diverted out of the central city centre bus stops. Bus displaced from stops within the closure will relocate to either Churchill Way for the East. Greyfriars Road for the North or Tudor Street for the West. Please visit www.cardiffbus.co.uk for more information.
National Express – National Express coaches will use Sophia Gardens as usual.
Sophia Gardens can only be used for match day parking.